Sunday, August 2, 2009

What no one tells you....





Back in May I accomplished something that I never thought I would do, I walked across a stage in front of millions of people in commemoration of 4+ years of hard work. After jumping from one University to another trying to find my niche as well as changing my major more then once I finally reach my goal. On the 5th day of May 2009 I Stacey Jo Phillips received my Bachelors of Art in Psychology. It was a beautiful day filled with family and friends who were all there to congratulate me. Unknown to everyone else I had finished with my schooling back in December and had been and still am looking for a job in my field.
I grew up my whole life thinking that if I went to school but in my time and studied hard everything would fall into place for me at the end. When I say this I mean that after I had my BA it would be easy to find a job and I would be free sailing. What they ( the wise people that had gone before) failed to tell me was that it was not as easy as I thought it would be and that if I was planning on stopping with just my BA in Psychology it was going to be a DEAD END.
Now after I have been out of school for almost a year and the student loans are now due I still have yet to find a job in the ever disappearing world of social service. So now I guess a decision needs to be made either take the GRE and move on and get my masters or stay in the same dead end job that I have had since 2006. I think this is a no brainier.

No comments:

Post a Comment