Thursday, September 10, 2009

In the beginning





I have always been a fan of the sky. Little did I know that I would fall in love with it all over again on the trip of a life time. On September 1st I started my day getting on a St. George shuttle at 5:15am that dropped me off in front of the Las Vegas Airport. After waiting for 2 hours I was finally on my way. Where?, you may ask well from Las Vegas I was going to Houston, Texas only to wait another 3 hours for plane and end up in Nicaragua 4 hours later. As I looked out the tiny airplane window I was amazed once again of the beauties that the Lord has created for each of us. The colors in the sunset and the miricales of a rainbow miles and miles above the earth and the formation of the clouds and the contrast between the blue sky and the white clouds. I could not help but think that I was the luckiest person in the world. I was on my way to see the Love of my life and I was given the oppertunity to see things that no man could recreate.
But even after seeing the beauties of the sky as I flew by nothing could compare to the joy of getting off the plane and the antisipation of seeing David and having him near by for a week and a half. Saying that I had butterflies in my stomach would be an understatment, but it was all worth the wait. Now seven days later I can't even imagine leaving and not having him close for another 3 months. I guess I will just enjoy the time I have left and see where we go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment